Washington State Piercing Laws Minors

Washington State Piercing Laws Minors

Some states require consent forms to be notarized to ensure that guardians are the ones actually filling out the paperwork. If someone wants to bring jewelry to sterilize for a fresh piercing, we must bring the jewelry at least 24 hours in advance to inspect, clean and sterilize it No matter where you got your piercing, our staff will be happy to help you with general problems or questions. Call (206) 789-2618 or visit the Ballard store. In this field, you can perform a full-text search or enter the name of the report. Laws change often, so it`s important to be aware of the latest regulations in your state. Here are the current state laws: For individuals under the age of 18, we will perform certain ear/body/face piercings with a parent/guardian PRESENT with proof of age and legal guardianship. The easiest way to do this is if the parent and minor have valid government identification documents (driver`s license, ID card, passport or military card, etc.) with corresponding surnames and addresses. Almost every state has laws that deal with some aspect of body art. (Nevada has no laws dealing with body art; Maryland has very limited laws).

At least 45 states have laws prohibiting minors from getting tattoos. Thirty-eight states have laws that prohibit piercing and tattooing minors without parental permission. We recommend waiting at least 2-3 months after a piercing to go swimming. 1. Government-issued ID, driver`s license, Washington State ID card, passport, or authorization. – NO TATTOOS OR PIERCINGS FOR MINORS (except earlobe piercings). If you give your written consent, you may need to document exactly what you are agreeing to. For example, you may need to say which tattoo you agree with your teen and where you allow them to get it. Piercings may require you to document the type and location of the piercing.

Some states have specific rules for the types of piercings. While ear piercing may be legal for a minor, tongue piercing may require parental consent. The best way to know if you can get a piercing or tattoo? – Genital or nipple piercings, marking, scarification, suspension, subcutaneous implantation, microdermal bifurcation or tongue are not allowed in minors. Many parents – as well as teenagers – are curious about what age teens can get tattooed or pierced. Slave to the Needle offers a wide range of different materials and styles to wear in scarred piercings. Rules of body art, piercing and tattooing.external symbol Please visit our pricing page for an overview of piercing fees and a range of jewelry costs. Under no circumstances will we pierce someone who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs of any kind. If you feel you need to drink something, please wait until after your piercing to do so. Always, always, ALWAYS have your tattoos and piercings done by a professional. If someone is willing to circumvent the law to perform a tattoo or piercing, they put themselves and YOU in danger. The written consent of the parent or guardian for the piercing, PLUS a parent or guardian must be present during the procedure. If you`re not comfortable with your teen getting tattooed or pierced, you may be able to opt for another option, such as a henna tattoo or an extra ear piercing.

But if you can`t find a compromise and aren`t willing to give in, make sure your teen is informed. Call a store and ask them. Professional piercers and tattoo artists follow all government guidelines and give you well-informed and informed answers to your questions. We (BodyCandy.com) are not professional piercers. We`re here to guide you in the right direction to make informed decisions about your piercing journey. Other piercings to the ears, tongue, nipples, genitals and surfaces – 18 years and older Some states do not allow a teenager to get a tattoo or tongue pierced, regardless of parental consent, while other states do not have rules. This means that your teen may be able to enter a salon and get tattooed or pierced without your knowledge. It depends on the state/country you live in.

Share this post